Sometime you just have to say what’s on your mind and move forward from there.
I think this is one of those moments for me…but hang in there with me – it might help to set you free 😉
I’ve been homeschooling my 3 amazing kids for 14+ years, and in that time I have learned and felt a few things. Some of these might be familiar to you, and I just want you to know that you are not alone! I am not in the headspace to expound upon each, so this will be more of a list…here goes (and in no particular order):
1. Homeschooling is a worthwhile venture
2. Not everyone understands your choice to do so…keep doing it anyway
3. You teach MANY subject AND do regular life stuff…you will have gaps and spaces sometimes in your kids’ learning process
4. For instance, I had to create a special “module” for my now senior son to craft his signature. Why? Because I did not teach any of my children cursive writing (there, I said it!)
5. You will lose focus regularly, especially during seasons when your home life is a bit crazy and hectic…acknowledge it and keep moving forward
6. I ENJOY teaching math (math major here) but grading it is a persistent annoyance (read: I HATE GRADING)…no kidding
7. I graduate my first child, our son, this June…and YES, I will take my OWN self to the spa to celebrate
my his accomplishment
8. I have 4 more year til the last one graduates…one day I’m all 😀 the next I’m like @_@
9. I fight feeling of “have I failed my child” more often than I care to admit
10. And NO, I wouldn’t change my choice to homeschool my awesome people. Not EVER.
I could list a few more, but I’m glad to have listed those. Do you see yourself in any of the 10 or are there some you’d like to add? Please let me know your thoughts in the comments below. We are all in this together, and you and I will make it to the finish line an will finish strong!
Confessing and cheering you on,