Oke doke…I am over the moon excited to attend Disney on the Road DC (as if you couldn’t gather that already!)
So, in order to keep my brain straight, I need to make a checklist for some conference essentials. What do I want to make sure that I don’t leave at home for this special occasion? Here are a few things that have made the list:
- Sleep – I want to take in everything, so I am revamping my schedule for the next week and a half so that I can get my proper rest!
- iPad and Evernote – after seeing the flurry of tweets that came fast and furiously from DSMMC earlier this month, I want to be prepared to tweet and FB throughout the event. Evernote is a great app to use for taking notes and sending them out on Twitter and Facebook! (thanks for the tip, Kia from CincoMom!)
- cool Disney themed outfit – No, I’m not talking about overt park Disney attire, but just fashionable with a Disney twist to honor the moment and the occasion 😉 And yeah…I think I have mine pulled already!
- business cards – I am looking forward to finally meeting folks that I’ve tweeted with for a while, and the business cards will help us to stay in touch for sure.
- mints – No, I don’t want to be remembered for stale breath, haha, so I will be the one with a bag ‘o mints in my bag (in case someone else needs one, too!)
- stylish tote to carry all my stuff into the conference – I will be a bit excited, and the last thing I want to do is come into the room looking undone! In addition, I will get so into things that I need to make it easy for me to make sure that all my belongings make it home. The cute tote will help me to do that 😉
- my camera – someone once told me to carry a camera everywhere that I go because you never know who or what you might see, and I have done just that for over a decade now. This is a huge deal for me, so have camera, will travel!
- a big smile – I always come packing with this, and I was reminded to bring it with me by Sarah Mock from How I Pinch a Penny on her post about tips for 1st time conference attendees. It’s amazing how a smile can be the best ice breaker!
Those are my must-haves that I am taking with me to Disney on the Road in a few days…what about you? What do you want to have on hand? Let me know!